Garden Poetry Walk - Red Butte Garden
*The event has already taken place on this date: Wed, 05/31/2023
Poetry, Inspired By The Natural World. You will find a number of stand-up display poetry boxes scattered throughout the Garden exhibiting both well-known and lesser-known poetry befitting the year-round changing seasons. Look for them along the Floral Walk. From April 1 - May 31, the Garden celebrates National Poetry Month by hosting the poems written by our local poetry contest winners in our poetry boxes. The Poetry Walk is included with regular admission.
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update it immediately. If you have a question about the activity itself, please contact the organization administrator listed below.
Our 2023 Poetry Contest Winners
- "Then Bulbs Will Burst into Bloom” by Stu Nolan
- “Winter Speaks to Spring” by Sandra Allen
- “Springtime Masterpiece” by Rachelle Kammerman
- “Garden Party” by Sondra Bolander
- “Between Winter Storms” by Jeffrey Steadman
- “Spring” by Evey Mayfield, Youth Poet
- “Spring’s Awakening Hour” by Terry Broadbent
- “Jewels of Spring” by Roseanne Warren
- “The Season of Peace” by Taylor Dayton, Teen Poet
- “Dreams of Early Spring” by Lucy Madsen, Teen Poet
- “Spring is Here” by Hannah Ross, Youth Poet
If you can't make it to the Garden, read the poems here.
Special thanks to all the talented local poets who entered our poetry contest this year.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.
Organization:Red Butte Garden
300 Wakara WaySalt Lake City, UT, 84108
See map: Google Maps
Kate Randall, Marketing Associate
The event has already taken place on this date: